(2) Second. Find the illustration
(2) Second. After finding the fig-
ure and item number, locate the figure
covering the subgroup to which the item
and item number in the repair parts list.
(3) Third. Identify the item on
the illustration and note the illustra-
tion figure and item number of the item.
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts
Listing, find the figure and item number
noted on the illustration.
b. When National Stock Number or Part
Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the Index of Na-
tional Stock Numbers and Part Numbers,
find the pertinent National stock number
or part number. This index is in NIIN
sequence followed by a list of part num-
bers in alphanumeric sequence, cross
referenced to the illustration figure
small arms alignment
number and item number.