ARMY TM 9-6675-349-12&P
MARINE CORPS TM 11039A-12&P
SECTION VI. MAINTENANCE OF IPADS
level personnel are
qualified to perform all required maintenance
of the IPADS. Once
identified, the component that has failed will be removed from the IPADS frame, IAW paragraphs 4-8 through
4-12. Call the inventory specialist at TACOM-RI, AMSTA-LC-CFSQ, DSN 793-5578 or
COM (309) 782-5578 for shipping instructions. Marine Corps users shall call the Marine Corps IPADS item
manager at DSN 567-8160, COM (229) 639-8160, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. L-3 will repair
the component and send it back to the owning unit within 72 hours (after it has been in their custody). If L-3
cannot repair that particular component within the 72-hour period they will replace the component and send it to
the unit as soon as possible.
Maintainability. The IPADS design
to troubleshoot, identify, and replace the
Upon identification of the failed component and using the IPADS tool kit, figure 1-5, removal and
replacement can be accomplished within 10 minutes if PLL authorized. This allows the survey mission to
continue with minimal delay when the replacement components are on-hand. The CDU and BCU are
connected to the frame with clamshell type connectors allowing for easy removal and replacement.
Operator maintenance consists of cleaning and spot painting, CDU and BCU replacement, cables, and
mounting hardware replacement. The CPNU will not be removed from the IPADS frame.
b. Each component of IPADS that is to be removed is easily removed.
If the CPNU is not working it will not be removed from the IPADS frame. The entire IPADS is to be sent in for
(1) Power down the IPADS and ensure all power switches are off on BCU.
(2) Disconnect DC power cable W116 or AC power cable W116-2 from the BCU.
(3) Disconnect wiring harness W114 from the BCU.
(4) Lift latches to release clamshell latches.
(5) Open clamshell latches and remove BCU.
(6) Place BCU into transit case for shipment to repair facility. Ensure that the BCU and the inside of the
container, including the cushioning, are dry prior to placing the BCU into the container.
(1) On the IPADS frame, open clamshell latches and install BCU.
(2) Lock latches by hooking clamp on clamshell latch and pulling down to tighten clamshell latch.
(3) Connect wiring harness W114 to the BCU connector OUTPUT.
(4) Connect DC power cable W116 to BCU connector EXT DC or AC power cable W6 to BCU connector