ARMY TM 9-6675-349-12&P
MARINE CORPS TM 11039A-12&P
(4) Zoom. Zoom is the ration of output pixels to input pixels, in one dimension, for raster source data.
Threshold For source data at a map scale of 1:50K, IPADS image files are prepared with a zoom of
0.7. A zoom of 1.0 will be used for all other map scales. (Objective) IPADS image files are prepared
with a zoom that minimizes file space and visual degradation of the image vice an image file prepared
with a zoom of 1.0.
(5) Processing Status. Processing progress will be displayed after map preparation has been initiated.
(6) Completion Status. The number of maps successfully created will be displayed after processing has
(7) Error Reporting. IPADS Map Manager provides error messages, requiring operator acknowledgement,
when processing errors are encountered.
(8) Processing Termination.
(a) Threshold IPADS Map Manager will not allow termination of map preparation while processing
(b) Objective IPADS Map Manager requires operator confirmation and gracefully exits processing
when the operator initiates exit of map preparation while process is ongoing.
H-10. Map Management.
Source Map Selection.
(1) Source Map Library Selection. IPADS Map Manager allows the operator to select the source of
IPADS map files from the IPADS Map Library and from all other drives (import drives) containing a
\IPADS Map folder in the root directory.
(2) Source Enablement. A map source will be enabled only when it contains an \IPADS Map Library\
folder in the root directory.
(3) Import Drive Selection. IPADS Map Manager allows the operator to select an import drive from a list
of available drives. The drive IPADS Map Manager is installed on will be excluded from the selection
list. Drives with insufficient capacity to support an IPADS Map Library (e.g. floppy drives) may be
excluded form the selection list. When a drive containing \IPADS Map Library in the root directory is
selected from the list, it will be enabled and selected for display. It will remain enabled for selection
when the host PC's IPADS Map Library is subsequently selected.
(4) Source Map List. When a map source is selected, IPADS Map Manger displays a list of map names
available in the source \IPADS Map Library\ folder. Only a single map name for a map image file and
map text file pair will be displayed. Map names will be displayed without file extension. It will be
possible to access any map name in the list when the number of map names in the list exceeds the
visible display area.
(5) Source Map Name Selection. IPADS Map Manager shows the number of maps selected and the total
number of maps in the source map list using standard WindowsTM operations.
(6) Selected Source Map Indication. IPADS Map Manager shows the number of maps selected and the
total number of maps in the source map list.
b. Destination Selection. IPADS Map Manager allows the operator to select the destination for IPADS map
files from IPADS, IPADS Emulator, IPADS Map Library, and from other (export) drives.
(1) Destination Folders. The destination folder for IPADS and IPADS Emulator will be \IPADS
UPDATE\CDU\Map Repository\. The destination folder for the IPADS Map Library and export
drives will be \IPADS Map Library\.
(2) Destination Enablement. A map destination will be enabled only when it meets the enablement criteria
at startup (IPADS, IPADS Emulator, or IPADS Map Library) or it is an export drive containing
writable storage media.