ARMY TM 9-6675-349-12&P
MARINE CORPS TM 11039A-12&P
3-32. Transfer Between Land Vehicles Continued
If IPADS will be transported to a vehicle that does not have a base plate already installed, remove as
(1) Since this procedure will take longer than the 15 minutes of back up battery power provided by the
IPADS, you will need to shut down the IPADS system.
(2) If connected, disconnect FOS data cable W136 P1 from CDU J2 and place caps on CDU and cable
(3) Disconnect W114 cable from CDU and place the CDU back in the CDU carrier on the IPADS frame
(4) Disconnect W116-1 from the BCU.
(5) Using a four-man lift, remove the IPADS assembly from one vehicle and place it in a secure location.
(6) From the vehicle that will be losing the IPADS, remove the W116-1 from the vehicle battery.
(7) Remove the IPADS base plate from the floor of the vehicle.
(9) If vehicle types are different, change vehicle type on the CDU, paragraph 3-11b.
3-33. Transfer From Ground Vehicle
Helicopter with Rotor Stopped.
IPADS may be transferred while operating from a land vehicle to a UH-60 helicopter. The legend for
IPADS crew must wear hearing protection at all times when working
Use extreme care when working under helicopter blades.
To prevent injury, use at least four persons to transfer IPADS.
The IPADS CDU must be secured to the IPADS frame to avoid becoming a
In the event of aircraft generator failure, the IPADS will operate on the
IPADS batteries (battery capacity is approximately 15 minutes).
Ensure BCU BATTERY GOOD and BATTERY TEMP indicators are
illuminated prior to transferring IPADS to the UH-60.
Transfer system to helicopter power quickly to minimize discharge of
Initiate a ZUPT whenever the system is stationary.
Use extreme caution when rerouting cargo tie down straps. Reroute small
end of cargo strap thru IPADS frame. Large end could damage system.
IPADS crew needs a headset and should let the aviation unit know prior to
The UH-60 plumb bob arm and stops must be installed on the IPADS frame prior to conducting a mission in the