ARMY TM 9-6675-349-12&P
MARINE CORPS TM 11039A-12&P
3-6. Turn On and Turn Off Sequences - Continued
When changing between the different modes the operator will be required to
reboot IPADS. After restart, IPADS will be in the desired mode.
When changing from the training modes to the tactical mode IPADS will
not update the date or time. The operator will need to verify that the time
and date are set correctly when changing modes and every time the IPADS
The operator can verify which mode IPADS is operating in by looking at
the top mode bar, Figure 3-4, and see whether or not it is white and the
word train is present. In the training mode the top mode bar will be white in
color and the word "TRAIN" will be in the forth box from the left.
In the tactical environment the top mode bar is yellow and the word
"TRAIN" is not present.
b. Turn Off Sequence. Perform the following steps to turn off IPADS:
IPADS saves information during shutdown. Improper shutdown may cause next
turn-on to perform recovery operations.
IPADS performs "hot start" alignment within five minutes when not moved
since previous shutdown. If "hot start" is planned for next mission, wait until
vehicle is parked and secured at next mission turn-on point before turning
IPADS off. Vehicle must be parked on a firm and stable surface to minimize
motion that could cause "hot start" rejection.
(1) Press F9 until MENU is displayed. Function key legend shows F9-SHUT DN.
(2) Press F9.
(3) Press Y to confirm shutdown or press any other key to cancel.
(4) Observe that IPADS software closes and Windows performs an orderly shutdown.
(5) When the screen displays IT IS NOW SAFE TO SHUTDOWN, leave CDU power switch in ON
position and set BCU power output switch (OUTPUT) to OFF, figure 3-7.
(6) Set BCU power input switch (DC INPUT) switch to OFF, figure 3-7.
(7) IPADS is now powered off (if any of the turnoff procedures fail, refer to paragraph 4-6, Operator