4 - 8 .
LUBRICATION INSTRUCTIONS .
III OPERATOR MAINTENANCE
This equipment does not require lubrication.
4-9. TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES.
The table lists the common malfunctions which you may find during operation
or maintenance of the X-Y graphics plotter or its components. You should perform
t h e t e s t / i n s p e c t i o n s a n d c o r r e c t i v e a c t i o n s i n t h e o r d e r l i s t e d .
b. This manual cannot list all malfunctions that may occur, nor all test or
i n s p e c t i o n s a n d c o r r e c t i v e a c t i o n s . I f a m a l f u n c t i o n i s n o t l i s t e d o r i s n ot
c o r r e c t e d b y l i s t e d c o r r e c t i v e a c t i o n s , n o t i f y y o u r s u p e r v i s o r.
(1) Check that power cable is connected.
(2) Check that all switches are in proper positions for normal operation.
(3) Check that HP-IB Interface and computer are connected.
(4) Check that computer has power.
(5) Place pens in each of four stalls.
d. Before referring to Table 4-13, perform Confidence Test as follows:
To prevent serious injury to personnel or equipment, when performing next
step, be sure that fingers and clothing (especially ties) are away from
plotting arm and pen stable.
(1) Remove HP-IB Interface from plotter.
(2) Turn LINE power switch to ON (I).
(3) Load sheet of chart paper on platen.
(4) Load pen in pen holder.
(5) Place CONFIDENCE TEST switch in I position. Confidence test begins imme-
diately and runs automatically to completion without operator intervention. Leave
CONFIDENCE TEST switch in I position throughout test.